Name(s): Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride, Cationic Guar Gum
INCI: Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride
Solubility: Water soluble
Benefits: This cationic polymer is substantive to the hair where it improves wet and dry combability. It is compatible with anionic, nonionic and cationic surfactants and is suitable for cold processing.
Origin: Guar Gum.
Activity: Min 90% active powder (where the remaining +- 10% is water).
Applications: This ingredient is mainly used to give conditioning benefits to surfactant based formulations such as shampoos, body washes and shaving preparations. It is substantive to the hair where it has been proven to reduce tangling, improve hair feel, styling ability and gloss. As this turns solutions cloudy it is best suited for pearlescent or coloured formulations or emulsions.
New Directions Australia Pty Ltd. does not supply food grade raw materials and therefore cannot waive GST.
Prior to use: Customers should always refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet / Specification Sheet OR the ingredients label as affixed to each product which are current at the time of supply of the product.
The information provided is for educational purposes only. Individuals receiving this information must exercise their independent judgment in determining its appropriateness for a particular purpose or use.As the ordinary or otherwise use(s) of products is outside the control of New Directions Australia Pty Ltd., no representation or warranty, expressed or implied, is made as to the effect(s) of such use(s), (including damage or injury), or the results obtained. New Directions Australia Pty Ltd. expressly disclaims responsibility as to the ordinary or otherwise use(s). Furthermore, nothing contained herein should be considered as a recommendation by New Directions Australia Pty Ltd. as to the fitness for any use. The liability of New Directions Australia Pty Ltd. is limited to the value of the goods and does not include any consequential losses.